FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • Fair Play

<<

rocks357

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Fair Play

Fair Play

I want to start by saying I usually enjoy playing on your server.

Thou the word has many meanings there are a few that have be come common among the computer industry, I would also like to help some of the member with the understanding of Hacking.
    The most common is this.
    People committed to circumvention of computer security.

I was playing today at 245pm on one of servers with Walter Sobchak and (TKC) DonJuan and (TKC) TheCrimsonStar and after playing for a few minatues I started watching the player Walter Sobchak is in movement, kill ratio, and general play.
    I asked DonJaun to take a look at Walter Sobchak to see if he was cheating.
    He momentary I told me he was not. So I incurred how he knew? His replay was, he is a member of my clan. I have looked at my steam record and found no other TKC members playing on that server at the time in question.

I put it to you and your clan member on how you present to other people and clans.

Question: Why would a member of your clan not where their clan tags on your server?

Proposal: They don’t want to be known by the other member. WHY?
    So one can cheat anonymously without getting caught.

I would like say that allowing member to alter the game so it responses favorable to them should be consider hacking; because it gives them an unfair advantage.

I understand it’s a game. Not real life, not real war A game – but what do you teach other about yourself if you allow this type of behavior.

IF Timmy robs a store and doest get caught, will you?

It is within your power of influence and control to help make the game a better experience for everyone.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Fair Play

Welcome to the forums..

I understand what you are saying but you need to understand everything first before accusing someone of something. Generally if a clan member is on a server under a different name it is because they are an admin and they are trying to get a demo of someone who actually IS cheating. Or they are trying to see the behavior of the players including their own clan members. In this case you are talking about Gobbles who is not an admin but is a very skilled player. He doesn't cheat. If we find any member cheats they would be kicked out of the clan without question immediately. Gobbles playing under a different name but on his usual Steam account is not exactly hidden as we have something called HLstatsX CE and we can see a listing of the names he's used. In this case:

1 ẂạȽţẹŗ Sobchak
      2 (TKC) Gobbles-eLitE
      3 TheJesus&MaryChain
      4 Walter
      5 Danceswithwolves

So he isn't changing his name so he can get away with anything. I'm not quite sure why he isn't playing under his clan name with clan tags but it's not that big a deal. For all I know he is doing this because people call him a cheat when he's under his usual name. I have been accused of cheating back when I would play sniper a lot and get ridiculous scores, and it's really quite frustrating.

I appreciate that you play on our servers and have a good time, but in this case you are wrong.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

Gobbles

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks for the delineation , T3.

And yes that was me. I would also like to thank Don Juan for his support... He handled the situation appropriately...

I would like to assure you i wasnt hacking... if you ever wanted to know any tips just pm me :]

<<

DonJuan

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 pm

What the OP is specifically talking about, besides Gobbles not having his tags, is that there are some of us, myself included, that have utilized some of the available commands in console to tweak our connection to the game servers. You can't generalize hacking as (as the OP put during the game) any alteration to a game from it's original context, hacking would be more of an alteration that gives you an ungodly advantage over the normal player (a speed hack that increases your in gain velocity 10 fold, an aimbot that gives you automatic head shots, increasing your SMG damage to allow you to kill someone with only a few bullets, etc.). The issue that was deliberated (over mic) was that you can manipulate the game to allow for better server connectivity. How, well go read here: http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/ConnectionFAQ/Halflife.htm. This isn't a hack of any sorts, it just ensures that a player will have smooth connectivity with the server they are on. The problem is, when HL2 came out, having a cable line with an average of 5 Mbps download/2 Mbps upload (these are my connection speeds) running into your house was not very common. Back in '04 (when the game was released), there were still a good number of people with low speed DSL services because that was what was economical at the time, so when Steam developed the online play portion, they set the default connectivity that your system would connect to the server with to a rate that would compliment the majority of internet lines. That's great, but the issue is that not all servers agree with the setup your defaulting to, which causes you to lag, or to see everyone else as lagging. After doing some research, I found the referenced article above and went to tweaking. Now, I do not have an issue with lagging on the server, nor do I have an issue with seeing other people lag. All your really doing is modifying how much data your computer is transferring with the server and how often. It does not, in any way, shape, form, or fashion, have anything to do with whether or not your getting a head shot or how fast you appear to be moving around the map.

To the OP, I apologize, not for what I said, but for the tone I was using as it may have seen a bit much. I've had a very bad day. On top of that, it agitates the mess out of me when someone starts screaming "hacker" just because someone is performing well. I've played with Gobbles for several months now, watched him progressively get better, and would never think twice about his integrity. That goes for anyone of my clan-mates, I trust that everyone in this clan is honest and has no reason to allure to anything but.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:22 pm

Ah the very stuff I was trying to change last night to fix my CTF lag issue that so many of us are experiencing on 1.75. Yeah, that's not a hack or cheat.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

Nemesis

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:29 am

That's gobbles??? That jerk didn't even tell me when I was chatting with him in a private message box. Gobbles, your dead haha!

<<

EyeRock

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:52 am

Don Juan .. feel free to pass any and all websites this way that would allow me the same atvantage you have so I can make a mess of you.... LOL :icon_lol:

Thank you my clan Brother :icon_cool:
    thank the founders for starting TKC and that I am a member

<<

Gobbles

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:17 am

Nemesis wrote:That's gobbles??? That jerk didn't even tell me when I was chatting with him in a private message box. Gobbles, your dead haha!

thought you knew :icon_nervous:

<<

(TKC) Slevin

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 am

It was Thanksgiving, maybe he was just trying to hide for a little while :icon_teeth:

ImageImageImage
    <<

DonJuan

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:19 am

(TKC) Slevin wrote:It was Thanksgiving, maybe he was just trying to hide for a little while :icon_teeth:

Not this again.

Eyerock wrote:Don Juan .. feel free to pass any and all websites this way that would allow me the same atvantage you have so I can make a mess of you....LOL

It's not really an advantage per say, just makes the online play of the game run a bit smoother for me.

<<

(TKC) Slevin

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:32 pm

DonJuan wrote:
    (TKC) Slevin wrote:It was Thanksgiving, maybe he was just trying to hide for a little while :icon_teeth:

Not this again.

Eyerock wrote:Don Juan .. feel free to pass any and all websites this way that would allow me the same atvantage you have so I can make a mess of you....LOL

It's not really an advantage per say, just makes the online play of the game run a bit smoother for me.

I'm just saying ;)

ImageImageImage

Return to Server Visitor Complaints