Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Languaje

The server is a server based in the USA as is the clan. I don't have anything against Spanish, my wife is Hispanic and speaks Spanish, but it's an English speaking clan therefore a English speaking server. Only 1 or 2 of our admins speak Spanish so if we allowed Spanish on the server, most of the time we'd have no idea what was being said or if the person was being offensive, so the answer is, speak English on the server. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

DonJuan

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:The server is a server based in the USA as is the clan. I don't have anything against Spanish, my wife is Hispanic and speaks Spanish, but it's an English speaking clan therefore a English speaking server. Only 1 or 2 of our admins speak Spanish so if we allowed Spanish on the server, most of the time we'd have no idea what was being said or if the person was being offensive, so the answer is, speak English on the server. ;)

I don't agree. We've got too many people from various countrie's that play on our server's, not all of them knowing how to speak english. I know that some of our European counterparts get on with friends during the day, and telling them that they can't talk to each other in their native tongue isn't right. With that being said, tiempoo, you will still need to monitor what you say. Though most of us don't speak spanish fluently, I particularly, and I'm sure I'm not alone, know a good chunk of deragatory phrases in spanish.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 pm

It is an English speaking server. I will not go to a TKC server to hear 16 people speaking 8 different languages. If they must they can type whatever they need to say. If they only say a few words, that is acceptable, but just think if you have a German who likes to talk a lot, now throw in someone from France.. that will just annoy the majority of players who speak English and you will lose visitors. It is quite simple to see where our visitors are from so I will paste that to you now.. these are the top 7 countries for Big Flems:

1 United States of America 1,653
    2 Canada 210
    3 Germany 163
    4 France 83
    5 Russian Federation 75
    6 Brazil 64
    7 United Kingdom (Great Britain) 64

All remaining countries, 399

Of the 2,711 players, nearly 2,000 of them are from English speaking countries, I will not put off the majority for the smaller minority when they can freely use the typing option, teamspeak, ventrilo, steam chat, etc. In addition, how many of those other players can speak English? Probably quite a few.

As I stated, a few words here and there isn't going to annoy.. however having whole conversations would just get on peoples nerves and would cause problems.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Look into teamspeak and getting a teamspeak server.. then you and your friends can connect to the server and talk spanish all the time while you play the game. It won't affect anyone cause we won't be able to hear you. Not only that, but there are free servers out there you can connect to.

<<

kadir_NL

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:25 pm

tiempo friend you do not need become angry… example I cant good speak English, what can I say by microphone? I am Turkish… must I Turkish talk? or Dutch? I try always what to type in English :icon_thelook:

<<

Nemesis

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Well T3, there is always the option for every person to mute the people speaking in differing languages. If you can't understand what they are saying, and therefore unable to know if they are saying inappropriate things, but are getting annoyed by the language than why not just mute them? Obviously, if they are mic spamming in a different language it should be treated as the same as English mic spamming, but with the muting option why shouldn't people be able to speak however they want? I just don't seem to understand.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Nemesis wrote:I just don't seem to understand.

That's obvious.

I already said they can speak in other languages to a certain extent.. but I'm not going to be playing on a server hosted in the Tower of Babel.

<<

Nemesis

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:44 pm

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:

That's obvious.

I already said they can speak in other languages to a certain extent.. but I'm not going to be playing on a server hosted in the Tower of Babel.

Tower of Babel LOL!

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:21 am

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:

That's obvious.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

bryster126

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 pm

i've heard a couple of people and their friends talk in different languages on the servers. personally i don't have a problem with it because it's rare to have that happen. the main thing is time zones. obviously you're going to not have people speaking english at like 3 am. so i think speaking in another language should be allowed at night.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:40 pm

It is allowed at all times not just night.. as long as it is within reason.

I really don't want anyone spamming the mic even if they are speaking english.

<<

TKCJOSH

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 am

MAN LAW

<<

(TKC) Slevin

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Canada # 2 !!! woot

ImageImageImage
    <<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:10 pm

i don't think so ,because they are there to play ,not to talk about a lot of personal stuff ,specially if it has nothing to do with the game . :)

bryster126 wrote:i've heard a couple of people and their friends talk in different languages on the servers. personally i don't have a problem with it because it's rare to have that happen. the main thing is time zones. obviously you're going to not have people speaking english at like 3 am. so i think speaking in another language should be allowed at night.

<<

sirce

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Josh may be right,
    Might need to have a rule to use but i think either TS or a vent would be best like T3 said.
    I also speak English fluently and can understand but few words of Spanish, so as an admin can`t do what needed if not bilingual.
    A rule about any disturbance has to be handled in English only might be a thought. English spoken here could be added to introduction as i have seen on other servers listing like France, German, ect.... if T3 wants to.

Return to Server Visitor Complaints