FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • question about swearing

<<

cunninglynguist

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:21 am

question about swearing

out of sheer curiosity.

this game is rated M for mature amirite? that means you gotta be 17 or older to play it. So technically we should all be people aged 17 and up playing this game. and as a 17 year old myself, i can't help but question why swearing warrants so many bans and kicks in a 17+ (Mature) environment.

Sure you'll catch an odd kid on there who sounds like he might be 7, but in all honesty, just kick the kid no? He's too young to be playing, and usually its someone who runs around confused shooting his own teamies.

now i know i'm no parent, but if i were, i'd be much more concerned about the levels of violence this game contains. Launching sawblades around, shooting people in the face, etc etc. all of these things seem slightly more, how can i put this, offensive? words are words are words are words, be they bad or lovely, but gratuitious violence spawns serial killers, man.

our country is going to be overrun by little Charles Manson's and its going to be YOUR FAULT TKC, for offering up such a lovely "family oriented" atmosphere in such a contradictingly violent videogame.

obviously im kidding, but not entirely. Im just kinda questioning of a "family" server in a MATURE (17 and over, folks) video game.

I hope this at least can partially entertain someone :icon_teeth:

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:34 am

Re: question about swearing

I didn't bother reading all of your post but here is why...

It's a lot easier to say 'no swearing' than to attempt to find and kick every under aged kid playing the game. Especially if they don't ever speak. Besides that, many of the TKC clan members have kids and even GRAND kids who might play or be around us when we're playing. So that is why. It doesn't matter if a game is rated M... kids always get a hold of it. Besides that, many in the clan just find cussing offensive. Call it an 'age thang'.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

Gobbles

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:06 am

The Mature rating doesnt mean its not for anyone under 17... It just means you need the consent of a parent/guardian... and if they are playing from their own home im sure their parents know the content of the game.. however the parents wouldnt be aware of the capacity for vulgarity by the other players... but TKC offers a safe gaming community...

as for breeding charlie mansons... if you are that weak minded to be consumed by a video game... they are much worse games to draw your atavistic aggression than HL2DM.

<<

cunninglynguist

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:21 am

atavistic is too big a word for someone weak-minded as i :icon_sad:

<<

bobzwik

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: bobzwik

BF3 Soldier: Bobzwik

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:19 pm

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:I didn't bother reading all of your post but here is why...

LOL i had the same reaction!!!

I SHALL RULEZ!
    ImageImage

<<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 pm

There is nothing more to say ,he has to understand . :)

Gobbles wrote:The Mature rating doesnt mean its not for anyone under 17... It just means you need the consent of a parent/guardian... and if they are playing from their own home im sure their parents know the content of the game.. however the parents wouldnt be aware of the capacity for vulgarity by the other players... but TKC offers a safe gaming community...

as for breeding charlie mansons... if you are that weak minded to be consumed by a video game... they are much worse games to draw your atavistic aggression than HL2DM.

<<

DonJuan

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 am

Gobbles wrote:The Mature rating doesnt mean its not for anyone under 17... It just means you need the consent of a parent/guardian... and if they are playing from their own home im sure their parents know the content of the game.. however the parents wouldnt be aware of the capacity for vulgarity by the other players... but TKC offers a safe gaming community...

I agree. As past situations have proved (in my mind) the kids that turn into serial killers, and are the one's that people say turn that way from violent video gaming (Columbine), are the kids that were apparently never taught how to discern fact from fiction, fantasy from reality. As Gobbles said, these are the types of week minded individuals who can't seem to separate themselves from what's in a video game/movie/book/whatever media type it may be.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 am

DonJuan wrote:

I agree. As past situations have proved (in my mind) the kids that turn into serial killers, and are the one's that people say turn that way from violent video gaming (Columbine), are the kids that were apparently never taught how to discern fact from fiction, fantasy from reality. As Gobbles said, these are the types of week minded individuals who can't seem to separate themselves from what's in a video game/movie/book/whatever media type it may be.

See, that was the stuff I skipped in his post and it was the most interesting part. :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

Nemesis

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 am

I don't see a correlation between gaming and murderers. Most serial killers were abused by their parents or their father's abused their mother's; often times the abuse being sexual. You really think playing video games made those Columbine jerk offs obsessed with Hitler and want to manslaughter a crowd of their class mates? I doubt it.

<<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Maybe it is the case . :)

tiempo!! wrote:
    cunninglynguist wrote:out of sheer curiosity.

this game is rated M for mature amirite? that means you gotta be 17 or older to play it. So technically we should all be people aged 17 and up playing this game. and as a 17 year old myself, i can't help but question why swearing warrants so many bans and kicks in a 17+ (Mature) environment.

Sure you'll catch an odd kid on there who sounds like he might be 7, but in all honesty, just kick the kid no? He's too young to be playing, and usually its someone who runs around confused shooting his own teamies.

now i know i'm no parent, but if i were, i'd be much more concerned about the levels of violence this game contains. Launching sawblades around, shooting people in the face, etc etc. all of these things seem slightly more, how can i put this, offensive? words are words are words are words, be they bad or lovely, but gratuitious violence spawns serial killers, man.

our country is going to be overrun by little Charles Manson's and its going to be YOUR FAULT TKC, for offering up such a lovely "family oriented" atmosphere in such a contradictingly violent videogame.

obviously im kidding, but not entirely. Im just kinda questioning of a "family" server in a MATURE (17 and over, folks) video game.

I hope this at least can partially entertain someone :icon_teeth:

To what extent the media, politicians, protetastes, parents self-centeredness ... may come to influence a person to blame video game violence that constantly surrounds us ... in order ...

People who play every day at a game and do their normal daily life without having to be more violent, or worse to treat other people, etc.etc.

If a game is able to change someone .. Why not put them play mario bros murderers, rapists and other ilk? Does it work?

Finally, if a child who sees video games becomes more violent and maybe the parents have influenced that child copy everything you see, or worse, that is not right in the head, which in this case a little help would not hurt him.

A health and long life to all types of games xD

<<

ME.

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:49 pm

i thought HL2 was rated M
    and HL2DM was rated T-M depending on what server you go on

ImageImage
    Sometimes measuring the bottleneck can be interpreted in so many ways. The only Thing ATI can render better then Nvidia is BSoD.
    <<

sirce

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Look man
    The swearing and names we watch for as well as other things like cheating is just to help keep the servers we have as clean as possible for all to play on.
    Like said before, many of us have kids and grandchildren that play the games and we try our best to keep our game servers not only running well but as clean as possible with the language used whether it be written or spoken. The rules are there for everyone to follow and most seem to enjoy playing these servers without any problems with the rules so if you like the servers, just enjoy playing and follow the rules. We do not like to kick or ban anyone but that is the only way to do our job as the ones that do the things we do not allow, and if you do not comply you will be anything from kicked to perm banned depending on the offense. Please just play and enjoy while following our rules and everyone will have a good time.
    Bud

<<

Nuke Boy

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:17 am

Well Said SIRCE.

People have different standards and it's good to see that TKC's standards are this high.

Return to Server Visitor Complaints