FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • Loading Screen

<<

DonJuan

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Loading Screen

What he's saying is that at every map rotation he's having to re-download all the map content. I'm having the same issue as are a few others that I know about. I'm not sure what the problem is but T3 is aware and will take a look at it when he gets the chance. I've tried deleting the map and re-downloading from the server, deleting and downloading from HLstatsX website, and I've also deleted and pulled the map directly from Flem's server with no avail. I then reinstalled HL2DM first and then reinstalled Steam completely, all with no joy.

<<

»mk(stéálthÉnigma)

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:45 pm

It might be something that forces the server to make you redownload it every time.

SwagInYourAO
    CPU: Intel i5-750 2.67GHz (TurboBoost) Memory: 8GB DDR3 1337MHz GPU: ATi Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 OCed 840MHz-Core 1040MHz-Mem Screen: LG 21" 1600x900
    Image Image
    <<

bryster126

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:34 pm

i'm having the same issue also. so are a lot of other people

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 am

me too. i'm having to download all the sounds all over again each time the map changes.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

kingloser

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:47 am

i dont believe that ur downloading the map itself again. its something that resets the physics to standard orientation so the map is reset to what it is when the map starts i.e. cans/saw blades in start position and the like. i also think its something that monitors the servers and uploads the logs to our security stuff.

<<

DonJuan

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 am

kingloser wrote:i dont believe that ur downloading the map itself again. its something that resets the physics to standard orientation so the map is reset to what it is when the map starts i.e. cans/saw blades in start position and the like. i also think its something that monitors the servers and uploads the logs to our security stuff.

Nah, it's not like that. It's been a problem for a month or two. Every time the map resets it comes up like your downloading all the map content for the first time again. Never had that happen until recently. And secondly, for about 75% of people, none of the quake sounds are working except for the two that come when you shoot someone and when you hit them in the head. The sounds like "Bottom Feeder"and the join room music and greeting aren't playing for those persons.

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 am

DonJuan wrote:
    kingloser wrote:i dont believe that ur downloading the map itself again. its something that resets the physics to standard orientation so the map is reset to what it is when the map starts i.e. cans/saw blades in start position and the like. i also think its something that monitors the servers and uploads the logs to our security stuff.

Nah, it's not like that. It's been a problem for a month or two. Every time the map resets it comes up like your downloading all the map content for the first time again. Never had that happen until recently. And secondly, for about 75% of people, none of the quake sounds are working except for the two that come when you shoot someone and when you hit them in the head. The sounds like "Bottom Feeder"and the join room music and greeting aren't playing for those persons.

yup

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage

Return to Server Visitor Complaints