FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • banned?

<<

Nobody In Particular

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:42 am

banned?

Hey I was just informed that I was banned. I would like to know why, and for how long. I know T3 told me the other day to not go around the chat filter, and I think I probably did that again and is probably the cause of my ban. I apologize for this, I tend to get upset pretty easily and don't think before I type. :icon_redface:

If someone can get back to me when they get a chance, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nobody In Particular

<<

Gobbles

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:18 am

Re: banned?

"inappropriate language"; 2 days

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:29 am

thanks gobbles, beat me to it lol. yeah banned for 2 days for cussing it appears

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

DonJuan

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Nobody In Particular wrote:Hey I was just informed that I was banned. I would like to know why, and for how long. I know T3 told me the other day to not go around the chat filter, and I think I probably did that again and is probably the cause of my ban. I apologize for this, I tend to get upset pretty easily and don't think before I type. :icon_redface:

If someone can get back to me when they get a chance, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nobody In Particular

You were banned for going around the chat filter again after T3 told you not to. Like was said, it was only for two days, so come back with a lesson learned and don't to it again.

<<

Nemesis

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:55 pm

You say that you don't think before you type but, you have to think about how you will get around the chat filter in order to say the word that you want to say don't you? I am not trying to be mean. I too have a temper and I too got in trouble for bad language. In order to temporarily fix it I removed the communication keys so that I couldn't foul up, which gave me the time to think about how not to get so angry when playing a video game.

<<

Nobody In Particular

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:55 pm

yeah i'll try my best to not do that again. I have respect for admins and their authority so i won't ever get upset or anything if i do get banned. If i did, obviously i did something wrong and i deserve the ban. oh and thanks for not being complete buttholes to me like a few other admins (not tkc) that i've encountered :icon_eyes: :icon_mean:

<<

Gobbles

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 pm

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU&feature=related[/utube]

good points, Nemesis.

<<

DonJuan

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:53 am

Nobody In Particular wrote:yeah i'll try my best to not do that again. I have respect for admins and their authority so i won't ever get upset or anything if i do get banned. If i did, obviously i did something wrong and i deserve the ban. oh and thanks for not being complete buttholes to me like a few other admins (not tkc) that i've encountered :icon_eyes: :icon_mean:

Why'd you get VAC banned?

<<

Nobody In Particular

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:19 pm

DonJuan wrote:
    Nobody In Particular wrote:yeah i'll try my best to not do that again. I have respect for admins and their authority so i won't ever get upset or anything if i do get banned. If i did, obviously i did something wrong and i deserve the ban. oh and thanks for not being complete buttholes to me like a few other admins (not tkc) that i've encountered :icon_eyes: :icon_mean:

As I said last night I honestly have no clue. I don't use cheats or hacks, and I'm very confused and upset as to why that account got vac banned. I am thinking my account might have been hacked or something, and that might have something to do with it. I couldn't log into my account a couple days ago, kept getting a wrong password error. That made me think it got hacked...and then a day later all of a sudden it let me back in. :icon_neutral:

That's when I went to edit my steam community profile and saw the vac status said "ban(s) on record"

<<

bryster126

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Nobody In Particular wrote:
    DonJuan wrote:

As I said last night I honestly have no clue. I don't use cheats or hacks, and I'm very confused and upset as to why that account got vac banned. I am thinking my account might have been hacked or something, and that might have something to do with it. I couldn't log into my account a couple days ago, kept getting a wrong password error. That made me think it got hacked...and then a day later all of a sudden it let me back in. :icon_neutral:

That's when I went to edit my steam community profile and saw the vac status said "ban(s) on record"

that sucks, i got vac banned. i tried to contact valve but vac bans are not lift-able under any conditions, sorry dude. this is what i got from them
    ========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Brian, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Our system indicates that the account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC) - Steam support is unable lift the ban. We will not disclose the cheats which were detected, nor will we provide the date and time the infraction took place. VAC has confirmed that the ban on the account was applied legitimately. This ban applies to a Steam account (regardless of who was using the account at the time the infraction occurred) and any VAC protected games registered under the account at the time of the ban. The use and security of the Steam account is your responsibility. This ban does not affect third party games that are tied to this account unless noted. The account may still be used to play single-player games and to connect to non-secure game servers or LAN games in the games the account has been VAC banned from. Please change your filter settings in the server browser list to show servers which are not VAC-secured (from the Steam main menu go to the "View" option, select "Servers" and then select "Not secure" in the Anti-Cheat drop-down). We cannot move game subscriptions from accounts which have been banned by VAC. If you choose to purchase a new copy of the VAC banned game(s), please create a new Steam account to register the games on. Remove all cheats from your system before you install (if you do not know where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting the machine and starting over with a new installation of your operating system). For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct: Steam Subscriber Agreement http://steampowered.com/index.php?area= ... _agreement Rules of Steam Online Conduct http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct

Anytime you wish you can view your question online:
    https://support.steampowered.com/view.p ... -MAZS-3795

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This message was sent by the Steam Support helpdesk.

Have a question we can help you with? Visit our knowledgebase for a list of questions and answers:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb.php

Alternatively, ask our staff a question:
    https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Steam Support :: https://support.steampowered.com

Return to Server Visitor Complaints