FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • Abuse of Power and Josh

<<

timbob

Post Sun May 03, 2009 1:45 am

Abuse of Power and Josh

I'd like to preface this by saying that I don't know any of you guys really well and I've only been playing on the servers for a few months, so I'm sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions here. Nevertheless, I've been noticing a trend that bothers me while playing in Big Flem's: abuse of power, especially from Josh. Just now, he kicked Thor after he accused him of TKing him, even though I repeatedly said that I had been the one to kill him (Thor and Josh were on the same team, and I threw a blade a Josh then Thor shot me). I've seen Josh do this before, where he kicked a player earlier in the day for spawn killing him too many times and has similarly kicked or banned players that he seemed to have a personal problem with but that had not violated any of the rules.

I understand that it can be hard to separate personal feelings from the game sometimes, but it's discouraging to see that even though when we play on the server we are all supposed to be fair game for shooting (since that's the point of the server, after all), it seems that some people consider themselves more important than other players and wield the power that they have in inappropriate ways.

Josh, I can understand that you might be having a bad day or might have some personal issues with certain other players that I am not aware of. But I think the best forum to resolve those issues is outside of Big Flem's because even though I have never been personally a victim of these abuses of power, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see other players being treated in a way that I consider unfair.

Thanks for reading.

~timbob

<<

TKCJOSH

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Sun May 03, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Abuse of Power and Josh

obviosuly your a freind of thor and abuse of powers is when you kick for no reason take a look here at my screenshot

The only qoute "abuse of power you have is that I kicked thor and you should learn the whole story.
    Also who did i kick for spawn killing I would like to know.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    <<

timbob

Post Sun May 03, 2009 2:00 am

I'm actually not Thor's friend, just like I wasn't friends with whomever you kicked this morning. Again, I mentioned several times in my first post that I don't know the whole story, but it seems to me that you have been particularly unfair to multiple players, not just Thor. I don't really consider anyone on Big Flem's my friend as I haven't met any of them in real life. People say hi to me when I log on and I say hi back, but apart from shooting at each other on this server, I haven't had any interaction with them and so I don't appreciate you saying that I'm "obviously" friends with Thor since, as I just mentioned, I am obviously not. The only reason I even posted this thread to begin with is because you suggested that I do.

I don't have time to get into a back and forth with you, nor do I particularly care to. All I wanted was to put my opinion out there so that other people that visit the forum can read my story and judge for themselves. If everyone disagrees with me, then I guess I might just be looking at the situation incorrectly and, as I mentioned in my initial post, that is entirely possible. However, if other people feel like you have treated people on Big Flem's unfairly, I would encourage them to post as well.

Here's the bottom line: I don't know you, I don't know anything about TKC. I only play there when I need to kill some time and I am a strong believe in treating people fairly. So when I see people being treated unfairly, the amount of enjoyment that I derive from playing on Big Flem's is reduced. Maybe I'm in the wrong, but maybe I'm not the only one that thinks that you abuse your power. Either way, I started this thread because you asked me to and hopefully other people will contribute and the community as a whole can come to an agreement on whether I'm right or wrong. You could be a great guy or a complete jerk, I've never met you so I have no idea. All I'm saying is that, in my opinion, you acted unfairly and took advantage of your power to settle some personal scores.

<<

TKCJOSH

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Sun May 03, 2009 2:04 am

First of all we all have enemys so yes acourse people will say I abuse power but you need to think about what I know about and you dont like stuff that goes on. You say you dont know much about TKC so maybe once you play more you'll see Im just a normal guy like you.

Return to Server Visitor Complaints