FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • TKC Word to your Admins

<<

KJ43

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: TKC Word to your Admins

No problem man and I appreciate the honest reply about what might have happened. I know what a pain in the ass it was to get the admin running cleanly and correctly for BC2 when I set up our server (which we never managed to get populated...lol).

Regardless of the chest beating around the issue it is good to see you respond about trying to fix what caused this. I was positive that it was a plugin kick or a custom message just because pb always identifies itself when it kicks.

Thanks again for working on this and I'm happy to keep things on the positive side as well.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:28 pm

*UPDATE

It is the built in cheat protection that comes with Wolfcon. As far as I know it has never been triggered.

2-26-2011 1-27-07 PM.png

Since I've never had a problem with it I will lower the number but keep it active. Here is a quote about their cheat detection:
    Cheat Pattern detection - Picking out obvious aimbots and wall hacks by looking at their kill rate, kill angle spread accuracy and other factors.

http://www.lionguards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:34 pm

I lowered the number to 30... but I forgot to unban him.. going back to do that now.

I have no problems with him or your clan. You are welcome any time and if someone triggers it again, I can look into it and lower the number some more.

*UPDATE
    Ok.. he has been unbanned.

<<

KJ43

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Sounds like a pretty subjective thing. Punkbuster is really the only legit source that I know of for cheat detection. It looks like this plugin just makes a guess based on certain parameters. Not very legit sounding.

But again, I appreciate your taking the time to look into this and figuring out what caused this. Thank you for unbanning Hyf1re as well.

We have a good group of guys, but I'll apologize about the initial chest beating. We are pretty sensitive about getting kicked and banned as many admins on servers out there DO just ban good players for being good. I'm sure you've seen the same when you guys have played on other servers so you know what I'm talking about. No harm meant. I'm terrible at this game so I don't have to worry about that in BC2...in BF2 it has (and still does) happen for me and others many times.

Hope to see you guys around when BF3 gets going. Thank you very much for the demonstration of your integrity. Props.

<<

Douken

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:55 pm

You wanna know a hacker?

Ban this guy

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/dudka

You can see his history through different updates to his profile how he has a 17 K/D Ratio with 378 Kills and only 22 deaths.

There's very good players. but this guy had snapping movements to targets when i saw him on kill cam.

Besides...

And he has -NO HACK- tag which makes it even funnier

Those two pics are from the same round, as you see my score didn't increase and some other people also because we refused to spawn till he got kick which happened in the next round.

Last edited by Douken on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 pm

KJ43 wrote:Sounds like a pretty subjective thing. Punkbuster is really the only legit source that I know of for cheat detection. It looks like this plugin just makes a guess based on certain parameters. Not very legit sounding.

But again, I appreciate your taking the time to look into this and figuring out what caused this. Thank you for unbanning Hyf1re as well.

We have a good group of guys, but I'll apologize about the initial chest beating. We are pretty sensitive about getting kicked and banned as many admins on servers out there DO just ban good players for being good. I'm sure you've seen the same when you guys have played on other servers so you know what I'm talking about. No harm meant. I'm terrible at this game so I don't have to worry about that in BC2...in BF2 it has (and still does) happen for me and others many times.

Hope to see you guys around when BF3 gets going. Thank you very much for the demonstration of your integrity. Props.

Yes.. I don't like false positives but having Wolfcon in there provides some measure of reassurance because the fact is, we can't be on every minute of every day to make sure someone isn't popping on with a aimbot or wall hack, esp, whatever. If we hadn't been running this for many months now without issue I would probably just turn it off, but it's really the only thing we have besides !voteban to get rid of someone who might be cheating, and unfortunately, I don't think many people realize the vote stuff exists. Actually, maybe I could add that to the rotating messages.. hmm....

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Douken wrote:You wanna know a hacker?

Ban this guy

Was that on our server?

<<

Douken

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Haha no, another server. He was lvl 33 in that pic, which is from Jan. 8 2011. He was lvl 50 by Feb 11

Whoa wait... I didn't see this
    Date....................Time Played.......Score.....Score/Min....Skill lvl.....Kills...Deaths...K/D
    2011-02-16 18:41.....00h 49m 21s.....+68,620...1,390.69.........+42.......+378...+22.....17.18

Hahahahahaaha so in 49min. I'm assuming that was a single round, maybe two. He cranked up 378 kills lololol

On Topic, as I said in my second post. "I didn't know it was punk buster cause PB gives out number codes when it kicks you"

A list here.

<<

Hyf1re

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 pm

TKC,

I have much more respect for your community. As some had said I was drinking last night and after being banned from the only North American squad deathmatch server I was abit disgruntled.

After realizing I was banned because of my stats, I apologize for accusing any administator for pulling the plug.

I appreciate you being up the attention to your plugin and allowing just abit higher statistics to be played. I am a competitive player and sometimes I do go overboard on known guns. I was only using the AK47 for about 5-10 minutes, I was going to switch back to shotgun to gain gold stars for other guns. I did not realize my stats would be my own demise.

Again, apologies for accusations and thank you for adjusting your plugin.

I hope to see more squad deathmatch servers and will see you guys on the battlefield.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Hyf1re wrote:TKC,

I have much more respect for your community. As some had said I was drinking last night and after being banned from the only North American squad deathmatch server I was abit disgruntled.

After realizing I was banned because of my stats, I apologize for accusing any administator for pulling the plug.

I appreciate you being up the attention to your plugin and allowing just abit higher statistics to be played. I am a competitive player and sometimes I do go overboard on known guns. I was only using the AK47 for about 5-10 minutes, I was going to switch back to shotgun to gain gold stars for other guns. I did not realize my stats would be my own demise.

Again, apologies for accusations and thank you for adjusting your plugin.

I hope to see more squad deathmatch servers and will see you guys on the battlefield.

Sorry you got kicked, we're only trying to maintain a fair environment for everyone whether someone is good, ok, or bad, we would like them to have a good time. As I said, you are welcome on our servers any time.

<<

Slackin

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:30 pm

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:I lowered the number to 30... but I forgot to unban him.. going back to do that now.

I have no problems with him or your clan. You are welcome any time and if someone triggers it again, I can look into it and lower the number some more.

*UPDATE
    Ok.. he has been unbanned.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this, I really appreciate the effort and helping us to understand what happened.
    Kudos for both understanding and listening, you've definitely shown your server is one I will visit when I play and one to be proud of.
    I love playing on WC servers so hate seeing my friends unable to join a server I play on.

Thanks again and have a great day.

-Slackin

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:55 am