FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • TKC Word to your Admins

<<

Hyf1re

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:36 pm

TKC Word to your Admins

I don't know why I bother. But maybe its because you had the only North American Squad Death match server running late night (for Vietnam).

Get your admin straight. 6th = 6th Armored Division, been competing in Battlefield since 1942.

One of your admin banned a 6 year veteran to battlefield series.

I joined your server with shotgun expectations and switched to platinium Ak-47 gun after next match, I believe Hill 137. I got banned with a screenshot: http://www.xfire.com/profile/hyf1re/scr ... #111187549

Trust me, I added your community to my list of nubs servers.

I will expect your community to compete in Battlefield 3. I mean compete is practice non-public style. See you at http://www.6thad.com

Have a wonderful day. And please choose your administrators more wisely. Experienced players are not cheaters.

Good Day.
    6th.Hyf1re

<<

Slackin

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: TKC Word to your Admins

Just a little comment here since I Know Hyf1re and have played with him on multiple occasions including competing with him in BFBC2 Vietnam tournaments at the biggest sponsored lan in the states (www.pdxlan.net)

hyf1re is a good player and decent guy, he's good at FPS games and enjoys competitions, never would he use a hack or cheat, in fact from what I've read on his FB wall you guys caught him in a night of drinking, so he probably
    wasn't even at his best.

I've played with the members of 6thAD in BF2 worldwide tournaments for several years (BF2Combat.net and 21stCenturyWarfare)
    The members in these communities don't tolerate hacking, work hard on organized combat and enjoy all out fun 12 hour battledays.

Hyf1re is a high ranking contributing member of the 6thAD and would not risk his reputation with ever installing hacks to play.

I think an admin should double check the logs and see who decided to abuse their power, I would appreciate any time spent looking into it.

Just so you don't accuse me of being a hacker trying to cover up another hacker,
    I myself am a veteran BF series player since 1942 Desert Combat, was a coder for several 1942 modding communities (including Galactic Conquest, and GI Joe, and some Desert Combat RTR conversions)
    I have always used the name "Slackin" in all my accounts and competitions

http://bf2s.com/player/19617672/ , http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Slackin

Slackin

<<

Douken

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:51 pm

I think hyf1re missed the warning! LOLOLOL

<<

DreadfulTide

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Accusations of cheating are a serious offense and should not be made lightly the actions of your admins clearly show an immaturity level and abuse of power givin, however seeing doukens pic it is clear you only want to play noobs where your the wolf among the sheep when another wolf enters the field you run like scared rabbits and use the admin power to get your own way.

I know hyfires skill level cause we are on the same level which is competitive we do not like playing noobs or things that do not challenge us and we will stay off your "noob only" servers!

good day sir.

<<

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: thecrimsonstar

BF3 Soldier: TheCrimsonStar

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 pm

I hope you know that message is a PunkBuster message and not a message from any of our admins. We can kick, but we can't give the reason that a cheat was detected. PB does that.

Hence, "autokicked"

Hyf1re wrote:Have a wonderful day. And please choose your administrators more wisely. Experienced players are not cheaters.

We do not accuse of cheating unless we have good reason to, or evidence or proof of it.

Hyf1re wrote:Trust me, I added your community to my list of nubs servers.

Well then, I'm sorry you feel that way, but we do not host "nubs servers"

Slackin wrote:I think an admin should double check the logs and see who decided to abuse their power, I would appreciate any time spent looking into it.

Like I said above, this was a misunderstanding on Hyf1re's part. We did not ban him, I'm pretty sure it was a PunkBuster kick (or our server plugin autokicked him) since it said "autokicked." If it was one of our admins it would have said "kicked by administrator"

ASUS Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz | Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6970 | Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W | Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler |
    ImageImage
    <<

DreadfulTide

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:01 pm

(TKC)TheCrimsonStar wrote:
    Well then, I'm sorry you feel that way, but we do not host "nubs servers" "

Then why does your plugin autokick people for being TooGood if you do not host nub servers seems to be a contradiction here. Not only that but somebody writes the reason field and you use the "cheat detection triggerd" when it should be "were noobs here" if you didnt host a noob server then that plugin wouldnt be there and real admins would be monitoring the server for cheats of which they would see hyfires skill not hide behind a automated kick system.

<<

»mk(stéálthÉnigma)

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:08 pm

DreadfulTide wrote:
    (TKC)TheCrimsonStar wrote:
    Well then, I'm sorry you feel that way, but we do not host "nubs servers" "

Then why does your plugin autokick people for being TooGood if you do not host nub servers seems to be a contradiction here. Not only that but somebody writes the reason field and you use the "cheat detection triggerd" when it should be "were noobs here" if you didnt host a noob server then that plugin wouldnt be there and real admins would be monitoring the server for cheats of which they would see hyfires skill not hide behind a automated kick system.

It is controlled by PunkBuster, not TKC plugins. Hence again the autokick. We dont not host noob servers or constrain KD or skill in any way.

SwagInYourAO
    CPU: Intel i5-750 2.67GHz (TurboBoost) Memory: 8GB DDR3 1337MHz GPU: ATi Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 OCed 840MHz-Core 1040MHz-Mem Screen: LG 21" 1600x900
    Image Image
    <<

earth7man

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:18 pm

wow............

<<

TarHeelDead

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 pm

It seems like some folks are just lookin for arguments. Point in case: look at the sig and avatar of the peanut gallery. I think I have an idea for this afternoon's get together...

CPU: i5-760 (stock w/turbo boost) RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 1333MHz (7-7-7-21) Video Card: XFX 5770 1GB HD: WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 500GB PSU: OCZ Modstream Pro 600W Screen: HANNS-G 20 in HDMI
    <<

Douken

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Hahaha guys relax, Hyf1re was drunk. The image I posted was from another place not related to this incident.

I didn't know it was PunkBuster since PB gives number codes messages for anything.

Heck, I've been kicked by PB for using X-Fire in game app. xD

All of you relax and go frag some more :D

And BTW, I'm Kaizer :p A.K.A Server Lag

<<

KJ43

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Yes the people defending Hyf1re are from 6thAD, we do look after our own. I'm on the leadership staff for our clan and I've known Hyf1re for years. I've played with him in online competition and alongside him at a LAN before. He's been a great player in the BF series for a long time.

Are you guys sure this was a pb kick and ban? I've been a server administrator for both our BF2 and BC2 public and match servers when they were up. I kept our servers streaming pb and up to date with all of the latest MD5 checks, etc. Our team leader when we played competition was an anti cheat administrator for CAL when it was running leagues. Just so you know my background.

I've never seen a pb kick that didn't identify itself fairly well. A number indicating the detected cheat and something identifying itself as a punkbuster kick. Please see the following image for what a valid punkbuster kick message would look like...

See the difference?

CrimsonStar indicated that this could be an autokick due to a server plugin and then stealthenigman states that there is no autokick. Do you guys have any autokick items running on your server? This was not made clear.

Also...an admin could kick and create a custom message with that statement. It happens. Maybe you have a new admin that was getting frustrated, etc.

No one is looking for an "e-fight" here. Just sticking up for a longtime friend and team mate online and in real life.

If it was a pb kick you should be able to go into your server logs and provide us with the information that was logged. Could you please provide some backup considering that it would be easy for you to do?

Last edited by KJ43 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    <<

»mk(stéálthÉnigma)

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:54 pm

The only autokicks I know of are for HighPing and Idle, which obviously dont display that message. As far as I know, there are no autokick plugins that we use that would give that message.

SwagInYourAO
    CPU: Intel i5-750 2.67GHz (TurboBoost) Memory: 8GB DDR3 1337MHz GPU: ATi Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 OCed 840MHz-Core 1040MHz-Mem Screen: LG 21" 1600x900
    Image Image
    <<

KJ43

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Ok then. Are you SURE it wasn't a disgruntled admin? You saw the image I posted (I edited my post after you replied) and you can see how the message seems odd.

<<

»mk(stéálthÉnigma)

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Ive been kicked by PB once for not having it up to date and trying to connect. It said something along the lines of "You have been kicked from the game. Reason: Punkbuster kick". I checked the version and they didnt match, so I updated it and never had the problem. But it didnt give a ticket number.

SwagInYourAO
    Image Image
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Ok I was there, I know what happened.

First off, I'm pretty sure it was a plugin. I will check that after I post. If it is a plugin, it has never been triggered before. Now, here is what happened:

We were playing for many hours on that server without incident. All of a sudden we see someone get kicked due to anti-cheat detection being triggered. I'm like, what the freak is that since I administer the servers. So I'm thinking about our plugins, none of which are Anti cheat but I think one of them might have a feature addon so I just roll with it. Whatever. Then we see this person come back and he posts some freakin URL in chat. I'm thinkin, ok this guy was using a cheat and now he's advertising where to get it, because in all honesty, it was just weird. I banned him at that point. I mean, it wasn't like, 'hey what did I get kicked for', it was some link to a website. It was rather weird.

To best honest I played until after 4am by the time I left I could barely keep my eyes open and had forgotten the incident. I will go check on all of this right now and will unban. But if there is anything more annoying than people getting kicked for being 'too good', it's hearing cries of 'admin abuse'. I maintain the servers, our clan pays for them, and we have some popular servers and rarely have problems. I think it would be wise to ask what was going on and have someone explain or look into it before calling people out. Our clan competes competitively and *I* compete competitively. I'm not scared of 'good' players.

FYI, he was on our squad.. so yeah, no reason for the admin (me) to be upset with him. I barely knew he was there. :P

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    Next

Return to Server Visitor Complaints