FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • How the points work

<<

arm.the.homeless

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:14 pm

How the points work

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me understand how the points work on the servers. Recently I was playing on Squid's server when I was killed about six times, losing almost 80 points. So I figured I'd get 15 points per kill too. Well I didn't, I never got 15 ppk I always got 4 - 12 points, most of the time 4 and 6. I felt like I was being cheated, getting kills and not getting credit.

That's when I thought maybe it mattered how many points they have. But I'm still confused because I had 1400 and killed someone with 2000 and got only 12 points. So how does this funky system work? Thanks for your help.

Kenny

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:12 pm

Re: How the points work

You are right, it depends on how many points the person who killed you, or the person you killed, has. If a higher ranked person killed you and you are ranked low, they won't get many points. If you are ranked high and someone with low ranking kills you, you will lose max points or near max points. Also until someone has 50 kills they won't get/give max points, only 3 at a time. I would guess you were fairly highly ranked and got killed by people who weren't ranked high. Then when you killed, you weren't killing very highly ranked players.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

arm.the.homeless

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am

Ahh I see. That makes much more sense now. Thanks alot for the reply! See you out there.

Kenny

<<

kingloser

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:41 am

also different weapons have different point value rankings. the stun stick and crowbar both give the most points per kill while explosives give the least. also machine guns give less because they are full auto while the pistols give more than machine guns but less than crowbars.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 pm

kingloser wrote:also different weapons have different point value rankings. the stun stick and crowbar both give the most points per kill while explosives give the least. also machine guns give less because they are full auto while the pistols give more than machine guns but less than crowbars.

Yep, forgot to mention that and it's really important.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to General Discussion