FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • This makes you wonder.....(my situation)

<<

(TKC)Boo_Yaa

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

This makes you wonder.....(my situation)

As a few of you may know from my post I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer and I want to tell an interesting story. First off this is the best cancer to have, my survival rate is over 95%. Its slow moving and easily wiped out. Its contained only to 2 lympnodes and they are hardly swollen. I start 4 treatments of chemo on Monday the 24th. After that 2 weeks of radiation. I actually scheduled the treatments so they wouldnt screw up our Wisconsin State bowling tourney, and the doctor was fine with it. Anyways I had 2 tumors, one on my right side and one on my left arm. Earlier last year they told me they were both fatty tumors and not to worry about them unless something changes. Well something did change when my mom got pancreatic cancer. This was back in Feb. After that she kept riding my butt to get them re-checked and removed because,"we have cancer in the family now, so I want you to get something done with those to make sure you have no cancer in them" her quote. I put it off for months and months and it wasnt until Nov. when I finally did something about it cause of her and my wife pounding it into my head to do something about those "fatty tumors". I had no symptoms at all other than a few lumps. Heres my point that "makes you wonder" if my mom wouldn't have gotten pancreatic cancer I would not have went in and had those "fatty tumors" removed. When I asked the oncologist what would have happened down the road if I left those alone, he said eventually it could have spread to the organs and survival rate would have decreased. So when they say things happen for a reason it makes me wonder, with my mom getting cancer she saved my life. And she also told me she "wasnt going to move on to the afterlife until she knows im going to be alright", so after she died I knew right there I was going to be fine with her watching over me now. So remember people, when you think something is just coincidence, you might want to re-think that like I do now. I believe "things do happen for a reason". Sorry its so long but I think it is an interesting situation. Thanks fellow members, Scott (TKC)Boo_Yaa

ImageImageImageImage
    <<

earth7man

Esteemed Member
    Esteemed Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: This makes you wonder.....(my situation)

You may have something there, deceased family members may indeed become our personal angles.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:47 pm

A very good lesson here not to put things off. I routinely skip going to the Dr. because I figure I'll be ok, but you know, I'm not 20 any more... everyone should be careful with their own bodies. Thanks for the story...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

(TKC) brownman350

Exalted Member
    Exalted Member

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: (TKC) brownman350

BF3 Soldier: brownman350

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah don't be sorry bro. because every body can learn something from it. :)

<<

DonJuan

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 am

I have a similar story. As many know my mom's dealing with Stage 3 cancer, one tumor in her left lung, several tumors in the lymph nodes in the left-side of her chest, and two tumors on her brain. The way she found out was she went and got her flu shot in October and started having a pain in her shoulder and then she developed a lump on her left shoulder between her neck and arm. She went to the doctor and the ball started rolling. After a few tests, they diagnosed her with non-small cell lung cancer that had spread everywhere else. She never would have known had she not gotten that flu shot until it was too late.

BooYah, I wish you the best through your treatments, they're going to be rough, but you just have to look for the positive end. Keep us informed on what's going on.

An update for those keeping up with it, she's gone through 12 radiation treatments on her head and just had her second round of chemo. They did another PET scan and MRI today and she'll get the results Friday, we're praying for good news.

<<

Gamage

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:39 am

DonJuan wrote:I have a similar story. As many know my mom's dealing with Stage 3 cancer, one tumor in her left lung, several tumors in the lymph nodes in the left-side of her chest, and two tumors on her brain. The way she found out was she went and got her flu shot in October and started having a pain in her shoulder and then she developed a lump on her left shoulder between her neck and arm. She went to the doctor and the ball started rolling. After a few tests, they diagnosed her with non-small cell lung cancer that had spread everywhere else. She never would have known had she not gotten that flu shot until it was too late.

BooYah, I wish you the best through your treatments, they're going to be rough, but you just have to look for the positive end. Keep us informed on what's going on.

An update for those keeping up with it, she's gone through 12 radiation treatments on her head and just had her second round of chemo. They did another PET scan and MRI today and she'll get the results Friday, we're praying for good news.

We're all praying with you Don and for you Boo_Yaa. Hope for the best

Also Boo_Yaa I'm sorry for your loss.

Return to General Discussion