Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:06 am

The passing of (TKC)EARTH7MAN

It's with sadness that I announce the passing of (TKC)EARTH7MAN aka. John Deckaushar.

This is the first time we've had to announce the death of a TKC member and it's not a pleasant task. John joined TKC June 29th 2010 and passed away on October 8th 2013. For the guys who were here, they will remember that John had told us that he had tumors in his neck and hands. Although we can't confirm the reason for death, I assume that cancer got the better of him.

While John was active in the clan, from June 29th 2010 until Nov 2nd 2012, he attempted to seed TKC servers 529 times, had 1,267 forum posts and donated $470. He was absolutely one of the most dedicated clan members I've known in both of the clans I've been a part of. I remember we used to have to tell John, "Dude, you don't have to sit on our servers by yourself trying to get them going.", but he just kept giving it his best, doing what very few are willing to do, give up play time to help his clan.

While in TKC John earned the Spirit of TKC medal, the Seeder Service medal and the Outstanding Conduct ribbon.

ImageImage

It's my belief that had there not been a lull in clan activity, mostly due to my offline life getting in the way, John would of earned the clans highest honor, The Medal of Honor. I think it fitting that we award that honor to John now as I can think of no one more deserving.

Rest in peace (TKC)EARTH7MAN.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: The passing of (TKC)EARTH7MAN

RIP Earthman

Image Image Image Image Image Image
    <<

norino1979

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:52 pm

i knew John (aka Earthman) in real life. he was always kind to me and put up with my shenanigans. He lived next door to my fathers house out in California and i meet him in the summer of 1997 on my first trip to there. i would hang out next door with him and play "Marathon" on his old Mac computer. He was always a kind person and was a very sharing individual. After a few years he up-graded in to a PC and started playing games on it. He was they person who invited me to join TKC and often i would join him in matches where it was just me and him. It is a shame this is the first i am hearing about his passing and i am disappointed i did not hear about this sooner. Last time i saw him, was 2 summers ago when my father got remarried, and his health seemed fine..

i will always remember him playing games and running back and forth to his mini-fridge to grab 40s of Miller highlife "the champagne of beers" lol.. he lived his entire life doing construction and playing video games "Bare foot" you could not get this guy to wear shoes to save his life.. always bare foot... i asked him if he was ever worried about nails or glass and he would always shrug it off that he had tough feet..

so this is how i will remember my good friend barefoot and kicking ass on war/shooter games..

good bye my old friend i will see you again when i get to the other side, save a spot for me next to you so we can once again smoke/drink and shoot people in the face..

RIP john (aka Eathman) you will be remembered... :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2:

<<

(TKC)Ihasabanana

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Bad Company 2

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Didn't get to play with him all that much, but spent quite a few hours with him on the empty servers.
    All around great and funny guy. Sad to see him go.
    RIP old friend.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:31 pm

norino1979 wrote:i knew John (aka Earthman) in real life. he was always kind to me and put up with my shenanigans. He lived next door to my fathers house out in California and i meet him in the summer of 1997 on my first trip to there. i would hang out next door with him and play "Marathon" on his old Mac computer. He was always a kind person and was a very sharing individual. After a few years he up-graded in to a PC and started playing games on it. He was they person who invited me to join TKC and often i would join him in matches where it was just me and him. It is a shame this is the first i am hearing about his passing and i am disappointed i did not hear about this sooner. Last time i saw him, was 2 summers ago when my father got remarried, and his health seemed fine..

i will always remember him playing games and running back and forth to his mini-fridge to grab 40s of Miller highlife "the champagne of beers" lol.. he lived his entire life doing construction and playing video games "Bare foot" you could not get this guy to wear shoes to save his life.. always bare foot... i asked him if he was ever worried about nails or glass and he would always shrug it off that he had tough feet..

so this is how i will remember my good friend barefoot and kicking ass on war/shooter games..

good bye my old friend i will see you again when i get to the other side, save a spot for me next to you so we can once again smoke/drink and shoot people in the face..

RIP john (aka Eathman) you will be remembered... :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2:

Hey man, thanks for this post. Only knowing John via the online world, it's hard to really get much of a picture of a persons life in the offline world. Your post gave us the chance to get to know John a little bit better and that's really neat. I'm sorry that you lost your friend.

<<

BikerDog

Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:06 am

RIP Brother

You were one of the good guys!

----------------

We stayed in touch

The Old Dog
    BikerDog

<<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Steam Name: (TKC)Dragonrage217

BF3 Soldier: Dragonrage217

BF4 Soldier: Dragonrage217

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:09 am

RIP Earthman, I was glad to have known him for the brief time through TKC. He was one of those that would be silent at times and also get going with the best of us. My best memory was in seeding BC2 atacama server in where you would run around killing each other and not care that 2 hour or so would go by. He was truly dedicated to the clan and will always be missed. I think we could possibly do something for him on the servers, forum or even in real life.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:25 am

I've been on another server that spams "In memory of whoever" don't remember the name.. but I've always thought that was pretty cool. We can set that up pretty easily.

<<

Kain

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 pm

RIP Earthman. I was glad to have had the opportunity to play alongside him. He didn't let things stand in the way of spending time helping the clan, either alone or with others. It is not easy to be willing to game when things look bad, but he was there in spite of whatever tried to stop him from doing something he enjoyed. I do feel that he has more than earned the awards he received. Its a shame that we have all lost the opportunity to game alongside him again. Perhaps a TKC wall page of video with him or something would be workable but I have no idea if we still have any video around.

Rest In Peace EARTH7MAN.

<<

Avalon

Division: WarZ

Steam Name: Avalon

BF3 Soldier: Avalon7

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:40 pm

I don't believe I ever had the pleasure of playing with EARTH7MAN due to my lack of activity in the last couple years.

It is very sad to hear how he passed and I just wish I could have contacted him. Helped him.

I'm sure we'll have a chance to play with him, that very same one, again some day :icon_happy:

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.â€

Fear not death by lag or friendly fire, but death by idiots and their sires.

Return to General Discussion