FAQ  •  Register  • 
  • Login
  • Top 10 Moments in TKC History

Which do you think are the top 10 moments in TKC history? (Select your top 3)

WarZ Ambush
    No votes
    HL2DM-CTF Wednesday Nights
    21%
    One of the top ranked clans in GameTracker
    7%
    TKC is the only team to score a MCOM capture on eSport during WOGL season
    3%
    2009 Fundraiser sponsored by Valve
    14%
    Making the quarterfinals in the BC2 Newegg Wanfest
    3%
    Bigflems Boom Boom Room
    10%
    WarZ Scavenger Hunt I
    7%
    Bad Company 2 Server Raids
    24%
    Bad Company 2 Get Together
    10%

Total votes : 29
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Top 10 Moments in TKC History

Here is a list the clan leaders have compiled of the 10 best moments in TKC history. If you think we've left something off the list, then post your suggestion and we might add it. But for now, I present the top 10 moments in TKC history (in no particular order). PLEASE VOTE!

Warz Ambush
    This was one of our more recent moments. Warz is a zombie survival MMO game but you also have to survive other players and in this case, a group of TKC members were all together, killing zombies, foraging for supplies. As we left one of the towns in the north, we were walking in the brush next to the road heading out of the town, when one of the guys who was spotting for us with binoculars, informed us that two players were coming down the middle of the road straight for us so we all went prone is the long grass and waited. As we lay in wait we formulated our plan to wait until they were, essentially in the middle of our pack, which was at least 6 to 8 strong, then one person would give the word and we would all stand up and let them have it. As you can guess, it went as planned and the two guys we ambushed were caught completely off guard and even congratulated us on a great ambush which, I might add, netted the team lots of good loot.

HL2DM-CTF Wednesday Nights
    Those old timers in the clan will remember the CTF mod for HL2DM which this clan wholeheartedly embraced to the point of running our own server, and being the most active HL2DM-CTF clan in the world at the time. It was the absolute best CTF game I had ever played. It was fast, required great teamwork and TKC got really good at the game. We were having so much fun with the game that we wanted to have a night set aside just for CTF. Our Wednesday night get togethers lasted many months and almost always had a great turn out. At the time it was the most fun I had ever had playing in a clan. I still miss it.

One of the top ranked clans in GameTracker
    Squid and Flem started a nice little HL2DM clan. A clan that has grown in size until it is now, and has been for a few years now, one of the best ranked clans in the world by GameTracker. GameTracker uses clan size, servers, server popularity and who knows what else to determine their clan ranking. At the time of this writing we are 199 of 115,310 and in the top 100 percentile.

TKC is the only team to score a MCOM capture on eSport during WOGL season
    I was fortunate enough to be on our Squad Rush team, led by C0lby, that had our greatest success on the last game of the season that year (minus playoffs). We had a really rough season barely losing several times when we were ahead earlier in the match, a tough pill to swallow, but the guys never put their heads down and we continued to practice in an attempt to get better. Our last game that season was against the mighty eSport, at the time considered the best Squad Rush team in the world. These guys were good, so good in fact that not a single team has scored even a single MCOM on them the entire season. Going into the match I think we were all just honored to be playing against such skilled competition, but by the end, we had gained more respect from the competitive gaming community than we'd ever achieved. Yes, we lost the match, but it was close and hard fought. We captured an MCOM but not only that, we pushed them to their last few tickets on the defensive side and when it was over, the eSport team gave us props for being a really good team. I believe the team was myself, KillerGt, C0lby and Frosty.

2009 Fundraiser sponsored by Valve
    In 2009 we needed money to help take the clan to new heights. Kingloser came up with a way to make some extra money, create several custom HL2DM maps and lets have some fun! The fundraiser included, 357 duals, orb battles, cage fighting with melee weapons, a 3v3 tournament, an awesome obstacle course and a game like Assault from American Gladiators (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyenKCEJ8i4). The event took place over 3 days and when King asked Valve if they would give us any thing for free to give away as prizes, they sent him a swag box full of cool stuff. Did we make money? Yes, but most importantly, we had a great time thanks to Kingloser and all the work and effort he put in.

Making the quarterfinals in the BC2 Newegg Wanfest
    Our first ever competitive gaming as a clan was fairly successful. Entering the BC2 Newegg Wanfest we had no idea what we were getting into other than the fact that it was a Squad Rush tournament and that 104 teams had entered. Our team had a good few matches and made it to the Quarterfinals, one of the last 32 teams. We didn't win, but this was our first chance to put TKC on the competitive gaming map, and we did just that.

Bigflems Boom Boom Room
    This is where it all started, and for a span of at least 2 years, TKC had one of the top 5 HL2DM servers in the world. So many memories including our first get togethers, meeting some of the best gaming buddies I've ever had, Jennstar trying to cyber me up.. oh what!? Well, that goes on my list of top 10 TKC moments that never happened.

WarZ Scavenger Hunt
    Team Enix [Enix's Crummy Crew] vs. Team Jax [Sexy McMuffin Squad] (thanks for stepping in for 4play!) Another WarZ moment that had two teams of TKC members fighting it out in a world full of brain eating zombies and angry random players on a public server. The quest, collect as much loot as possible without dying. For two hours the teams searched high and low for food, guns, water, meds, anything to help you survive and it was an epic battle and even more fun. For a recap of that night check out this post (scroll down: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6583&p=59296&hilit=scavenger+hunt#p59294)

Bad Company 2 Server Raids
    Imagine 20 TKC members on TeamSpeak together, going into a random, populated server all at the same time and laying waste to all it sees. A few times shortly before Battlefield 3 came out, we managed to get the guys together and made this dream a reality. We overwhelmed the competition with sheer numbers and the legend of TKC grew!

Bad Company 2 Get Together
    Ever been playing BF3 or BF4 and thought, what this game really needs is a tank flipping race game mode? Yeah, neither have I, but during our first Bad Company 2 get together, that was one of the contests, along with quad races (with attack helicopters flying over the 2 who were racing so they could spectate). There are still some videos floating around of that night and the fun we had.

There are other memories, memories I have that are more personal to me, some good, some not so good such as finding out about the passing of Earth7man. Missing too much gaming time because I used to always be working on the website adding the next cool(?) feature. Having to deal with in-house clan fighting thanks to Eyerock, TheAtheist and others. Not to mention DonJuan deleting the website when he got pissed at me (thank goodness I had the website backed up). But then there are always the memories of me and Hman riding on the jetski blowing up the enemy jetski. Seeing members buy other members games at times has been really rewarding too. Seeing members helping other members such as BikerDog selling awesome gaming PC's at greatly reduced prices. All these memories are thanks to TKC and it's members.

But enough of that, please vote for your favorite 3 moments and if you think we left something of the list, mention it down below with as many details as you can remember.

TKC FOREVER!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

galabon

Division: Defense of the Ancients 2

Steam Name: Galabon

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Top 10 Moments in TKC History

Such good memories! :icon_lol:

Galabon

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."
    Jim Harkins
    <<

MrFrostyy

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:13 pm

I only attended 3 of these things so this will be the easiest survey ever. I had never even heard about the valve thing but it sounds awesome, I wish I could of played half life 2 with you guys back then. I miss playing with all the guys from bad company 2 like colby and killer and even though we were almost always fighting I miss don as well, but I hope that we can continue having awesome clan moments like these well into the future.

Long live TKC :)

<<

Knightwolf654

Respected Member
    Respected Member

BF3 Soldier: knightwolf654

BF4 Soldier: knightwolf654

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 pm

the server raids were the best! and the only thing i was around for...

i7 3930k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Gigabyte R9 Fury X :icon_mrgreen:
    32gb ddr3-1866
    3x 27" LG IPS displays + 1 23" IPS display
    Samsung 850 pro 512GB
    Samsung 830 pro 256GB
    WD SE 2TB
    1200 watt Corsair PSU
    H100 water cooling
    8TB FreeNas Server
    <<

monitor2x

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:53 am

Big Flems and HL2DM-CTF good times! :)

<<

CantFindBacon

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: [TKC]Mr. Pancakes

BF3 Soldier: [TKC]CantFindBacon

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:38 am

Well even though I've never participated in one of those but, seems like a great memories!
    i liked how they gave you guys bunch of stuff from Valve. :D
    Let's keep of the good work!

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:02 am

CTF Wed was pretty awesome...........if battlefield CTF worked like HLDM2 CTF.. it would be epic........

Image Image Image Image Image Image
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks for the rep points.. I was hoping people didn't forget about them. :)

<<

Dragonrage217

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Steam Name: (TKC)Dragonrage217

BF3 Soldier: Dragonrage217

BF4 Soldier: Dragonrage217

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:00 am

I had 4 favorites but my best was bc2 days and a little bf3 day. The best was booyaa deciding to stop during a race and watch some tv on atacama.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Dragonrage217 wrote:I had 4 favorites but my best was bc2 days and a little bf3 day. The best was booyaa deciding to stop during a race and watch some tv on atacama.

That's because Booyaa is a moron. :oo

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:07 pm

How many of you guys lurking around in this thread were actually at the 2009 fundraiser?

<<

galabon

Division: Defense of the Ancients 2

Steam Name: Galabon

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Will there be another vote of the 3 most picked :icon_question:

Galabon

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."
    Jim Harkins
    <<

kingloser

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:31 pm

sadly there are not alot of guys from the fundraiser still around. Thats my #1 moment just becuz of how much i put into it lol. I wished i woulda stuck to building maps a lil more that was fun as hell.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 pm

kingloser wrote:sadly there are not alot of guys from the fundraiser still around. Thats my #1 moment just becuz of how much i put into it lol. I wished i woulda stuck to building maps a lil more that was fun as hell.

Yes, if those guys were still around, I'm pretty sure the fundraiser would win, it was my #1 as well.

No other event spanned multiple days, had months of preparation, or a sponsor like Valve.

Your maps were epic.. my fav being the target shooting one with the timer.. that was freakin sweet. If we do start playing CTF again, we might as well get a server and put those maps on there and relive old times. :)

Return to General Discussion