Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:05 am

Star Wars Battlefront

Watched some twitch streams the other night and I have to say.. looked pretty good for what was available. I've never played a Star Wars game but when "boogie2988" was playing for the first time, the first time he got the hero power-up and became Darth Vader, it was freakin' cool. He is no good at FPS games but he was so pumped and it was pretty cool watching him run around killing people with a light saber, then going back, after he was killed, to a more traditional FPS.

Don't know how many in the clan are interested in the game though?

Open beta started Thursday if you want to try it out.. free download via Origin.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

DFire

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: DFire2.1

BF3 Soldier: DFire2

BF4 Soldier: DFire2

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

My GFX doesn't qualify :(

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3-1600
    ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950
    XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5
    SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60
    Rosewill THOR V2-W
    2x AOC 21.5" LCD Monitor
    Build Log HERE
    <<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Division: Guild Wars 2

Steam Name: dflynn222

BF3 Soldier: dflynn222

BF4 Soldier: dflynn222

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:24 am

Might try it out

Image Image Image Image Image Image
    <<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Played a bit last night with Andersony and ulvenmagi it was a bit confusing since I think we jumped into the area that was recommended after you leveled up a bit, but it was still okay. The Mechanics seem a bit sluggish as far as your player model goes, but then again I haven't been playing an FPS in a while so it just might be something I need to get used to. There were a couple of things a little buggy but nothing game breaking, one really big annoying thing was inviting someone to a party or trying to partner up with them, it was not very intuitive, and if someone new comes on line they don't show up in your friends list in-game so that it broke (I restarted Origin and the game and they showed up). Only being able to have one other person in your squad seemed a bit crappy, but then again I am still trying to figure that out you might be able to have more I don't know. But, you can have 8 party members so why just one partner you can spawn on? If you don't have a partner, you randomly spawn and are constantly getting spawn raped because it spawns you in front of someone or in the middle of a air strike. Seems they need to work on spawn locations. Not being able to ESC out of the level up screen as it is counting your points is annoying, as it is very slow. Entering a new round isn't intuitive either, when the round is ready, there is an Orange circle in the top right of your screen you have to click to get to the objective screen, and then you have to hit space or enter to skip that so you can actually hit start. Seems like a lot of layers just to get into the game, not a big deal but does get annoying. One other annoying thing I found was that you get stuck on literally nothing, or a one or two inch ridge that you have to back up then jump up over.

I played a little more today and it seemed a little better but I had an idea of what actually was going on, and not just running around like a crazed idiot. But still spawn locations were a bit annoying as mentioned above. Leveling up to get new weapons seems like a grind early, I've only been able to unlock one other rifle. Weapons make a huge difference in the game as those with better weapons consistently have a KD of 50 and 5. If you can find one of the random weapon or vehicle drops you can get some good kills but often I get killed while waiting for them to deploy (there is a timer before you are actually using or inside the vehicle). The Hero drop (Luke Skywalker and Darthvader) seem way over powered as it takes at least 5 or 6 people to kill them and their saber reflects most of your shots back at you. Graphics ran smooth, (I ran everything on high) and got 60 FPS and dropped to mid 50's when a lot of explosions happened. They seriously need an option to change your cross-hairs and mouse color because the snow map is bright white and so are they so it's hard to see them. Andersony had graphics bugs every time the round ended, but not during the game.

All in all It takes a little getting used to, and since it's a beta there are only two maps to play so it gets a little stale, but again it is a beta and don't expect them to show you everything. I didn't notice any major bugs, but again I've only played a couple of hours. Just lots of little annoying bugs and features that seem to just add layers for the sake of adding layers.

I would recommend at least trying the beta, but start with the first map to get started, you might have a better time.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:44 pm

I just played for an hour.. it was fun.

I think the hero's are supposed to be OP.. that's why you can only have them for 60 seconds. My first full round I went 19-11 but that was my best game as I got more and more tired. I had a little trouble trying to figure out how to unlock and equip stuff but I think I have that down now. I'm level 4 and need to get level 5 for the freakin jet pack. BTW if you are sniping, realize that there is no bullet drop but that the bullet does take a second to get there so if you are aiming at a moving target, aim slightly ahead of them.

I'd love to see the other modes but right now I think we could get behind this game if more people were interested in playing. And I'm talking about people who are online quite a bit.

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:22 pm

I had Kingloser download it last night so we will probably play a little tonight if anyone is around. I'm still a bit skittish with any EA backed DICE ( or any other company for the matter) game. They will have to prove to me that they aren't going to jack this game up like they did BF4. As far as I know there is no story line or campaign mode (there will be a Co-op mode) though.

<<

MrFrostyy

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:29 am

I played it a bit and it seemed fun but I don't think it would hold my attention for too long and I can't really see it being a clan game since it won't have dedicated servers.

<<

DFire

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 3

Steam Name: DFire2.1

BF3 Soldier: DFire2

BF4 Soldier: DFire2

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:33 am

Since I never got to play the beta, I found this article with 10 funniest moments in Battlefront.

#3 had me rolling :D

http://kotaku.com/10-priceless-fails-fr ... 41638453=1

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3-1600
    ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950
    XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5
    SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60
    Rosewill THOR V2-W
    2x AOC 21.5" LCD Monitor
    Build Log HERE
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:52 am

Yep.. #3 was by far the best.. the music is probably the single most funny thing about it. ;)

Also, for flynn.. there is what we were talkin about....

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 am

ahh, yeah I saw him get get squashed, I was walking all under that thing and never got killed.. guess I was lucky

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:55 am

MrFrostyy wrote:I played it a bit and it seemed fun but I don't think it would hold my attention for too long and I can't really see it being a clan game since it won't have dedicated servers.

To be honest, I really hadn't looked up the details of this game so this is the first I'm hearing of no dedicated servers. Because of that, I doubt we'll be supporting the game as a clan. At least we won't be going all in on it. I did add the game to our list of games we support though, so people can apply to join that division. Of course if no one plays it, it'll go away.. much like our Evolve division.

UPDATE
    Actually from what I'm reading there ARE dedicated servers but no server browser. I don't know what to make of that from a clan perspective...

<<

dflynn

Revered Member
    Revered Member

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:20 am

Well if there isn't a server browser, what's the point of having a dedicated server, if you can't locate your server to play on it so you can recruit players, enjoy the game with other clan members etc.. why would anyone even bother. I can't believe that they would let someone setup a dedicated server and not be able to play in their server. Something seems amiss.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:38 am

It's almost like when the original Left 4 Dead came out.. you could have your own server, but there was no easy way to actually connect to it. I agree, if we can't have people returning to the same server, our server, then what is the point of spending money? It's like EA wants us to cover the cost of servers for people to play on, but gives us no control. Stupid, and one of the reasons EA is hated.

<<

MrFrostyy

Honored Member
    Honored Member

Division: Battlefield 4

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:53 pm

(TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:
    MrFrostyy wrote:I played it a bit and it seemed fun but I don't think it would hold my attention for too long and I can't really see it being a clan game since it won't have dedicated servers.

To be honest, I really hadn't looked up the details of this game so this is the first I'm hearing of no dedicated servers. Because of that, I doubt we'll be supporting the game as a clan. At least we won't be going all in on it. I did add the game to our list of games we support though, so people can apply to join that division. Of course if no one plays it, it'll go away.. much like our Evolve division.

UPDATE
    Actually from what I'm reading there ARE dedicated servers but no server browser. I don't know what to make of that from a clan perspective...

Ah my bad I haven't been keeping too up to date on it but the last time I had checked they said no dedicated servers so I guess they changed their mind after that, and yea still seems silly with no server browser lol. But I think in the beta you could access the console so maybe you could connect through IP address but that's just a wild guess.

<<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:37 am

MrFrostyy wrote:
    (TKC)-o]T3[o wrote:

UPDATE

Ah my bad I haven't been keeping too up to date on it but the last time I had checked they said no dedicated servers so I guess they changed their mind after that, and yea still seems silly with no server browser lol. But I think in the beta you could access the console so maybe you could connect through IP address but that's just a wild guess.

Yeah and people are going to do that. I mean, great, we can connect to our own server and play with different ppl every day because no one can find us.. forget it. EA is the devil.

Next

Return to General Discussion