Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:15 am

Donation notifications in Twitch streams

More of an FYI.. I have managed to fix it so that adding donations made via THIS website are now auto added to our Twitch stream scroller. Previously only donations made on our TwitchAlerts page would make it to the scroller unless I added the donations manually at TwitchAlerts. I found a way around it.

You won't care but here is how it's done..

I wrote a cron job for our website that grabs the last 10 donations made on our website and sticks that information into a file on our web server. The cron job runs every 5 minutes.
    I downloaded a program Auto FTP Manager and I setup, as a service, to run every 5 minutes on my computer. It logs into our web server and grabs the file I created with the last 10 donations.
    Then I created a batch file that takes the file that was FTP'ed and the donation file created by the TwitchAlerts program and merges them together so I have the donations from our website and TwitchAlerts
    Finally I created a Windows Scheduled task to run the bat file every 5 minutes so that the scroller is updated every 5 minutes during a stream.

Essentially TwitchAlerts creates a folder on your system with several txt files with information about your account including followers, donations, etc. I'm just taking a file from our webserver with donation info and merging it with the TwitchAlerts file with TwitchAlerts uses to create a scroller on your Twitch stream. Easy right? haha

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    <<

(TKC)-o]T3[o

Patriarch of the Forums
    Patriarch of the Forums

Division: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Steam Name: [TKC]olT3lo

BF3 Soldier: olT3lo

BF4 Soldier: olT3lo

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:47 am

Re: Donation notifications in Twitch streams

I'm hoping to setup or own Windows server soon. Just need to get upstairs and swipe my kids computer that they don't use. :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to General Discussion